The Margie Hobbs Award
The Margie Hobbs Award, made possible through contributions to the AMATYC Foundation, is given annually to an AMATYC member who is attending his or her first conference and has been selected to do a regular session or workshop.
The award will consist of a check for $500 to be used by the winner to offset conference expenses.
The Margie Hobbs Award is given to an individual who:
- Is a member of AMATYC and is attending his or her first conference.
- Has submitted and been accepted to speak at the annual conference (either regular session or workshop).
- Is the sole presenter at the accepted session.
- Has completed a nomination packet.
Nomination and Award Dates
Nominations for the award are due by June 1 to the AMATYC Foundation. The recipient will be featured in the conference program. The award will be presented at the opening session of the AMATYC annual national conference.
How to Submit a Nomination
Nominations should be submitted as a single pdf file that contains the following:
- A letter from the nominee addressing why he/she deserves the award.
- A copy of the speaker's acceptance letter.
- The nominee’s curriculum vitae.
- A maximum of two support letters, each no longer than two pages. One letter should be from a supervisor.
Please email the completed nomination package to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions, please email the AMATYC Foundation chair: email@example.com.